All Level 3 Products include:
- 16 major sections with six lessons in each section: one each dealing with
* scales, intervals,
* chords and
* chord progressions
- PLUS a Revision & Practice Questions page to complete each section
Both Level 3 Elite Student Products include:
- a print copy of the Level 3 Elite Student Print Book and/or the fully-interactive PDF of the Level 3 Student Book of the book (downloaded via the website & PDF also accessible via access card purchase, for more, go here.) containing;
* quick clickable links to ALL Level 3 digital resources including a Video for EVERY teaching concept in the book;
* How to Practice Videos for all concepts;
* additional information and worksheets;
* sightreading and practice sheets and
* audio files for transcription exercises
- AND the Level 3 MP3s for Dictations 2nd Edition
Note: Access to the student PDF on the DSMusic website expires two years after purchase. This is also accessible via access card purchase, for more, go here.
The Level 3 Standard Student Product includes:
- a print copy of the Level 3 Standard Student Print Book and the PDF of the Level 3 Standard Student Book (downloaded via the website);
Note: the content of the print book for both the Standard and Elite Versions is identical however the PDF that comes with the Standard Print book is not interactive.
Note: Access to the student PDF on the DSMusic website expires two years after purchase.
As a student, with any Level 3 product, you have constant access to teaching and practice videos actually taught by the author, a highly respected expert in this field! The additional information/worksheet type resources, along with the practical revision activities, ensure you always have ways to consolidate any new information and to revise all known concepts.
Both Level 3 Teacher Packs (2nd Edition) consist of:
- a print copy of the Level 3 Teacher book and/or a fully-interactive PDF of the Level 3 Teacher book (downloaded via the website) containing quick clickable links to ALL Level 3 digital resources. This includes Teacher specific LESSON PLANS and a Video for EVERY teaching concept in the book. It also includes How to Practice Videos for all concepts, additional information and worksheets and sightreading and practice sheets, as well as notation files and audio files for transcription exercises
- a print copy of the Level 3 Elite Student book and/or a fully-interactive PDF of the Level 3 Student book: Elite Version (downloaded via the website) as per Elite Student Book information above
- the Level 3 Level 3 CDs for Dictations 2nd Edition
- the Level 3 Level 3 MP3s for Dictations 2nd Edition (downloaded via the website)
- ALL pages from the student book (with easy to use same page numbering system) WITH answers to all the questions in the student book;
- access to all Level 3 digital resources on the DSMusic Website including suggestions, advice, lesson plans and curriculum documents etc to help you set up your full curriculum easily
- Note: Access to the student PDF on the DSMusic website expires two years after purchase.
“Not just a text” — these resources allow you to confidently, thoroughly and competently teach your class regardless of individual student standard. The 100’s of tutorial and practice videos, worksheets, sightreading sheets, information sheets, practice sheets, audio files, notation guides and lesson plans allow you to give each and every student in your class the knowledge and practice activities they need to achieve their best.
You never need plan again!
The CDs for Dictations and MP3s for Dictations:
- consist of all audio tracks/files for all transcription and dictation material found in the Level 3 2nd Edition books
- For use in the classroom by teachers preparing students for the aural component of Year 11 and 12 studies
- Ideal for use by students as a practice / homework / study tool
Buy the CDS through the DSMusic website and receive automatic access to the MP3 files FREE in your account!
This is also accessible via access card purchase, for more, go here.
Click HERE to learn how to create an account on DSMusic, how to download your PDF or how to access your Digital Resources
Icons Linking to Online Resources
Throughout this book you will find icons in the left margins of each page. (In the case of mp3 files for transcriptions (CD tracks) these icons are found towards the right of the page next to each relevant exercise). These icons, in the interactive PDF, link directly to the relevant online file, when clicked.
Click on each of the following icons to see an example of each type of resource.
Sightsinging/Sightreading One of the most important practice activities students can do is sightreading – singing in solfa and reading rhythm names are activities that improve all aspects of musicianship. This icon links to sightsinging/sightreading material based on the elements being taught.
Boxed text in pink has been added to these sample pages to highlight the main features of this NEW 2nd Edition!
The rhythm lessons in this text contain clear and concise academic information and explanations. Following every new rhythm taught are many rhythmic examples designed for students to perform. This helps to cement their understanding of the new rhythmic element. At the end of each lesson is a worksheet with theory and aural transcription exercises beginning with easy simple and compound time rhythms such as crotchets (quarter notes) and quavers (eighth notes). This then extends up to very complex rhythms including syncopations, ties, mixed metre etc.
Scales, Intervals and Melody
The scales, interval and melody lessons deal with diatonic, pentatonic, modal, chromatic and other scale forms, all diatonic and chromatic intervals, as well as melodies for practicing and transcribing in all taught keys. Worksheets follow each lesson giving visual and aural analysis exercises for recognising the tonality of melodies, writing intervals and interval recognition exercises and also practicing the skills required for melodic transcriptions. These melodic transcriptions begin with simple single line dictations and moves in sequential steps to more complex two, three and four part dictations.
Chords and Chord Progressions
The chords and chord progression lessons give students a theoretical and aural understanding of the commonly found chord types (including 7th chords) and also teaches students to write and recognise (transcribe) these chords within diatonic chord progressions.
A comprehensive appendices section is designed to support the above main sections