completely rewritten 2nd edition!
These books (student and teacher editions and CDs for Dictations) have been written to provide a broad, thorough and sequential music curriculum for students in middle secondary (Years 9 and 10 or elective music students) and have also been used to provide students beginning senior music with a concise and thorough overview of music theory and aural comprehension.
These books are the ideal introductory course for preparing students for senior level music studies.
The Student book is:
- Easy to use
- Has clear and concise information
- Sequential development of the skills and knowledge required for a thorough understanding of the language of music
- Includes hundreds of activities suitable for all class types
The Teacher book:
- Includes ALL pages from the student book (with easy to use same page numbering system) WITH answers
- Contains a huge information section at the start giving heaps of suggestions, advice, lesson plan outlines etc to help you set up your full curriculum easily
- Each of the lessons in the student book has two pages of “Teacher Activities” to support it. These pages include suggested canons, games, rhythmic and melodic activities and IWB/Sibelius activities to help you bring technology into the classroom in a meaningful way
- Gives you access to the HUGE Level 2 Teacher digital resources which includes assignments, tests, teaching videos and MUCH more
- You never need plan again
(Note that the CDs with all transcription material are sold separately - see below)
The CDs for Dictation:
The CDs for Dictation (Set of 3) contain all the dictation material found in these text books.
Section 1 – Preparation Lessons
13 two or four page written lessons covering all the melodic and rhythmic concepts taught in Level 1.
Section 2 – Lessons
48 two page written lessons each with a rhythmic, melodic or harmonic focus. These lessons cover musical concepts from beat, pitch and rhythm through to Major and minor scales, harmony and analysis tasks. Also included in each lesson are theory and aural dictation exercises arranged in a sequential order of level of difficulty.
Audio sample: Chord Progression
Audio sample: Rhythmic dictation
Audio sample: Melodic dictation
Section 3 – Revision Lessons
10 revision lessons – 1 for every five lessons (suitable for informal assessment such as homework or formal assessment).
The NEW Online Resources for Level 2 Teachers (available January 2013) will include:
- All Song, Canon and Game material referred to in the Student and Teacher Books
- Creative and Research Assignments
- Assignment sheets (1 per term) dealing with creative and research tasks, including suggested extension activities for students with advanced musical knowledge
- Written and aural tests (1 per semester) suitable for formal assessment purposes if required
- All IWB (Interactive Whiteboard)/Sibelius activities referred to in the Teacher Book will be set up as worksheets here to save you valuable time and effort preparing these for each lesson
- curriculum documents for planning and reporting, videos of games, practice activities, lesson segments, instrumental activities etc.
- Think of something else you’d like here – let Deborah know!