Join Deb for a step-by-step look at aural, theory and analysis and learn strategies for success!
Why use this resource pack?
Using a range of tools such as solfa and rhythm names, as well as singing and listening, Deborah provides an overview of the theory, aural comprehension and listening & analysis components of VCE Music Performance (Outcome 3 – Music Language). This is suitable for all students studying VCE Music Performance and their teachers as well as anyone wishing to improve their music literacy skills and knowledge.
With five videos of comprehensive and information packed workshop presentations, detailed handout, comprehensive set of notes from the 2022 DSMusic Workshop 1, as well as eight bonus teaching videos, this is a must-have studying resource!
What is included?
Using the resources available in this Resource Pack, you will learn and improve in the following areas:
Theory & Aural
• Scales & Modes
• Melody & Melodic Dictation
• Rhythm & Rhythmic Dictation
• Chords & Chord Progressions
• General Theory & Aural Concepts
Listening & Interpretation
• Expressive Outcome
• The Expressive Elements of Music
• Interpretation and also its effect on the expressive outcome
In addition, this resource pack also includes the following DSMusic resources:
- Bonus Video 1 – More about Major and minor scales
- Bonus Video 2 – Pentatonic, blues scales and modes
- Bonus Video 3 – More about Intervals
- Bonus Video 4 – More about Tonality and Melodic Transcriptions in a major key
- Bonus Video 5 – More about Melodic Transcriptions in a minor key
- Bonus Video 6 – More About Triads & Chords Video
- Bonus Video 7 – Cadences
- Bonus Video 8 – More About Chord Progressions
- The Language of Music Video
- Singing & Tonic Solfa Video
For even more in depth teaching and learning go to the Musicianship and Aural Training for the Secondary School Level 3, Decoding Sound: Analysis for the Secondary School as well as the Music Language Online Courses – Analysis and Musicianship.
Sample material from the VCE Music Language Resource Pack: