Theory & Aural Practice Book – Level 3 Teacher’s Book /PDF with 4 CDs and MP3 files:
- All student exercises on right hand pages of Theory & Aural Practice Book with permission to photocopy and answers on facing left hand pages
- 4 Compact Discs with each aural transcription exercise played the required number of times – no more pressing buttons!
- Downloadable MP3 files for ALL transcriptions exercises;
- 10 Theory Worksheets consisting of many, varied theory questions in every possible key including:
- visual identification of intervals presented in abstract form & within a melody;
- writing intervals; visual identification of scales & modes;
- writing scales & modes;
- visual identification of the tonality of a melody;
- writing chords;
- visual identification of chords.
- 70 Aural Transcription Exercises including:
- aural identification of intervals presented in abstract form and within a melody;
- aural identification of scales and modes;
- aural identification of the tonality of a melody;
- transcription of melodies within a four part score provided in two formats: WITHOUT a key signature and WITH a key signature;
- aural identification of chords (see above for chords included);
- identification of a chord progression consisting of up to six chords in total;
- transcription of rhythms of up to four bars from a four part score.
Click HERE to learn how to create an account with DSMusic, how to download your PDF or how to access your MP3 files.
Practice makes progress. Use these vetted exercises to build theory & aural skills by setting them as revision tasks during class. These are also ideal for remote learning and student extension. Ensure your students really know all of these concepts and get a chance to do so in exam-type format.