Venue: Arnold Hall, Trinity Grammar School, Wellington Street, Kew, Vic, 3101
Cost: Early Bird Special $70 per student. Payment must be by 8 May 2020. After this date the price is $90 per student. Teachers and pre-service teachers attend for free, however bookings are essential for catering and printing purposes.
No refunds apply after 8 May 2020.
Complimentary morning tea and a comprehensive handbook are included in the ticket price.
Bookings close at midnight on Thursday 14 May 2020.
After this date please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Based on the brand new analysis textbook Decoding Sound: Music Analysis for the Secondary School, author, educator and musician, Deborah Smith will take you through a range of activities designed to teach you how to analyse music for VCE Music Performance. Suitable for students studying VCE Music Performance (Units 1-4) and their teachers.
Topics covered at the workshop include:
• Understanding and describing the elements of music
• What is an expressive outcome?
• What is interpretation in performance?
• How does interpretation relate to the expressive outcome?
• Comparing the interpretation of expressive elements in different performances
• Answering and Listening Strategies
• Vocabulary for Analysis (Word Lists)
• Approaches for Future Practice
• How Analysis can help your Performance