2019 VCE Music Performance Workshop Outcome 3 – Music Language: Focus on Analysis
Bookings open March 25 2019!
Date: Sunday 5 May 2019
Time: 9.30am - 1.30pm
Venue: Trinity Grammar School, Arnold Hall, Wellington Street, Kew, Vic, 3101
Suitable for students studying VCE Music Performance Unites 1-4 & their teachers
Based on the brand new analysis textbook Decoding Sound: Music Analysis for the Secondary School (due out 1 May 2019), author Deborah Smith will take you through a range of activities designed to teach you how to analyse music for VCE Music Performance.
The language & skills you need to succeed in Music Analysis
Topics covered in this workshop include:
- Understanding and describing the elements of music
- What is an expressive outcome?
- What is interpretation in performance?
- How does interpretation relate to the expressive outcome?
- Comparing the interpretation of expressive elements in different performances
- Answering and Listening Strategies
- Vocabulary for Analysis (Word Lists)
- Approaches for Future Practice
- How Analysis can help your Performance
Cost: Early Bird Special $70 per student if payment is made by April 19 2019. After this date the price is $90 per student. Teachers accompanying a class attend for free otherwise the student rate applies. No refunds apply after April 19, 2019. Cost includes morning tea and comprehensive notes.