2019 VCE Music Performance Workshop Outcome 3 – Music Language: Focus on Analysis
Sunday 26 May 2019
9.30am - 1.30pm (registration from 9.00am)
Trinity Grammar School, Arnold Hall, Charles Street, Kew, Vic, 3101
Cost: $90 per student. Teachers accompanying a class attend for free otherwise the student rate applies. No refunds apply after 11 May 2019. Cost includes book launch, morning tea and comprehensive notes.
SPECIAL OFFER: 40% off new text book Decoding Sound: Music Analysis for the Secondary School for workshop attendees!
The language & skills you need to succeed in Music Analysis
Suitable for students studying VCE Music Performance Units 1-4 and their teachers.
Based on the brand new analysis textbook Decoding Sound: Music Analysis for the Secondary School, author Deborah Smith will take you through a range of activities designed to teach you how to analyse music for VCE Music Performance.
The Decoding Sound book launch will be held during the morning tea break - click here for more information about this exciting event!
Topics covered in this workshop include:
- Understanding and describing the elements of music
- What is an expressive outcome?
- What is interpretation in performance?
- How does interpretation relate to the expressive outcome?
- Comparing the interpretation of expressive elements in different performances
- Answering and Listening Strategies
- Vocabulary for Analysis (Word Lists)
- Approaches for Future Practice
- How Analysis can help your Performance
Enquiries: DS Music Booking Office: email@example.com